On April 26th, 2002 God gifted me with a little girl and I named her Lauren. She was my 2nd child and my 3rd came just as quickly as 1 and 2. Lauren never really had a chance to be a baby because I had another on the way. Lauren has grown up so fast because of this.
Lauren is an amazing little girl. I wish I could go back and spend all that time with her that she asked me to. As a single mom of three kids it was always hard for me to stop what I was doing and breathe. Lauren has always been a very likeable happy child who is full of life and is quite willing to try anything and almost everything she does she is good at.
Many many times Lauren just wanted to show me a picture she drew for me or a letter or toy she got and I was always too busy to stop and spend the time to show her how much I appreciate her.
Lauren has always reminded me of Cinderella. A beautiful princess who just wants to be noticed.
I don't want to wake up one day and realize that life has passed me by and that I have also let all those little precious moments with Lauren pass me by.
There is a song by Steven Curtis Chapman called Cinderella that has always spoken to me. I want to stop and dance through life with Lauren and look at the world through her smiling happy heart.
"So I will dance with Cinderella
While she is here in my arms
'Cause I know something the prince never knew
Oh, I will dance with Cinderella
I don't want to miss even one song
'Cause all too soon the clock will strike midnight
And she'll be gone..."
Lauren is an amazing artist. Lauren is an amazing sister, daughter, grandchild, friend, and a blessing from God. So I will dance with her because one day she will be gone and I don't want to miss another second or opportunity to dance with Lauren through life.
Lauren is a very strong person. I wish she didn't have to be. But I am glad that God has made her strong because she has been my biggest help through daily life as a single mom. Lauren is like a little mini mommy. She enjoys mothering her sister. Lauren has a beautiful heart. She takes care of her mommy when her mommy is sick. She knows when to hug her mommy and when to mother her sister. I just wish Lauren had more time to be that carefree little girl inside her
that wants to spin and dance.
She will always be my Cinderella dressed up in a beautiful dress dancing at the ball.
Lauren has given me great joy for 9 years and I look forward to many more years of being her mother.
Lauren, I'm sorry mommy is always so busy or has so much to do. I promise mommy will dance with you and color with you and let you be that little carefree little girl that you are.
You are my beauty queen and you have a beautiful heart. You are beautiful inside and out. I
want you to know that I love you very much and I'm sorry for the times that I was too busy.
Lauren is really good at anything she tries to do. She has a love for life that can't be stopped. And I will not allow that life inside her to dim. I will do all that I can to keep that light inside her shining.
When Lauren was 5 she gave her life to Christ and was baptized. She is so smart and so sweet. God has given her a heart of pure gold. One day I see Lauren going after her dreams in life and I see me right by her side being her cheerleader in life.
I hope that you can get to know the heart of Lauren the way I do, because she truly is beautiful from the inside out.
Lauren, mommy is so proud of you. I want you to know that I know I'm not a perfect mom nor will I ever be but I will love you with a love that is perfect.
She spins and she sways
To whatever song plays
Without a care in the world
And I'm sitting here wearing
The weight of the world on my shoulders
It's been a long day
And there's still work to do
She's pulling at me
Saying "Dad, I need you
There's a ball at the castle
And I've been invited
And I need to practice my dancing
Oh, please, Daddy, please?"
So I will dance with Cinderella
While she is here in my arms
'Cause I know something the prince never knew
Oh, I will dance with Cinderella
I don't want to miss even one song
'Cause all too soon the clock will strike midnight
And she'll be gone...
She says he's a nice guy and I'd be impressed
She wants to know if I approve of the dress
She says, "Dad, the prom is just one week away
And I need to practice my dancing
Oh, please, Daddy, please?"
So I will dance with Cinderella
While she is here in my arms
'Cause I know something the prince never knew
Oh, I will dance with Cinderella
I don't want to miss even one song
'Cause all too soon the clock will strike midnight
And she'll be gone
She will be gone
Well, she came home today with a ring on her hand
Just glowing and telling us all they had planned
She says, "Dad, the wedding's still six months away
But I need to practice my dancing
Oh, please, Daddy, please?"
So I will dance with Cinderella
While she is here in my arms
'Cause I know something the prince never knew
Oh, I will dance with Cinderella
I don't want to miss even one song
'Cause all too soon the clock will strike midnight
And she'll be gone

No comments:
Post a Comment